Know Before You Buy
A bad bed, can happen because of several factors. What’s inside matters! Selling mattresses in Central Ohio since 1974, we know what works and what doesn’t. We have dropped several big-name companies over the years for the simple fact that their products were not holding up as promised or that warranties were not customer friendly. Our non-commissioned experienced staff takes pride in helping you find the mattress that works best for you.
What Makes a Quality Mattress?
A quality mattress is derived from quality materials and craftsmanship. Some people think that quality and price go hand-in-hand. While that may be true in some cases, it is not always accurate. In our more than 40 years of experience, we have seen two very comparable models sell for a drastically different price. Why? One company may spend millions of dollars in TV and celebrity advertising, with dedicated one brand storefronts in malls and standalone buildings. While the other company forgoes the hype and makes quality their craft. This can result in savings worth thousands to the smart consumer.
What Makes a Mattress More Comfortable?
We all want comfort, but comfort is very relative. What might feel soft to us, may feel firm to you. What is most important is how the mattress contours to your body. Is it supportive? Does it feel springy? Are there enough comfort layers? Does it trap heat? While most of these issues can be determined while trying out a mattress, our staff is fully trained in helping you pick the right one for you! Always try the mattress before you buy it.
Spring Mattresses, depending upon how they are made, can give head-to-toe support with minimal pressure points. With added fiber and foam layers, a spring unit can be supportive, comfortable, and affordable.
Foam Mattresses have evolved substantially since they were first introduced. With layers of memory foam and latex on top of a foam core, they can be quite comfortable. Within the past 10 years, the concept of cooling gels infused into the foam have taken the fear of a “hot” feel out of the equation.
Air Mattresses are an interesting piece of the puzzle for the mattress consumer. While in theory, the concept of controlling each side of the mattress for different firmness’s is great, the same level of comfort can be achieved by purchasing a good quality conventional mattress for at least half the cost.
Being in the mattress industry gave us the opportunity to be a dealer for one of the large air mattress national brands. After trying one of their mattresses, we could not justify the cost or comfort to our customers. If fact, compared to one of our high-end factory seconds, it felt like a raft…and it was more than twice the cost.
DAVID’S FRIENDLY REMINDERS
- Mattresses today are thicker than in the past. Will your new mattress sit too high or too low? Will you need a low profile box spring or frame?
- Will your new queen box spring fit up your stairs or down your hallway? Will you need split queen box springs?
- Be sure to purchase a frame with a center support for your queen or king set as this prolongs the life of the set and maintains the warranty.
- What pillows and bedding will work well with your new mattress? Will you need to purchase deep-pocket sheets?
- Mattress covers are available in our stores to protect your mattress and your warranty.
Mattress Sizing Chart
When it comes to buying a mattress it’s important to determine the exact sizes you require. For example, if you’re buying a new bed and mattress together you’ll need to ensure that (1) It’s big enough for you to lie down on and comfortably move around, and (2) that it fits in the space you have allocated for it within your home. If it’s simply a swap out of old with new, you’ll need to ensure the new ones measurements are inline with any existing bed sizes else you may end up with unsightly overhang or ledges.
Our Store Policies Are As Follows:
- Due to the nature of our business, we cannot process refunds. However, we will gladly exchange your mattress and/or box spring once within ninety (90) days of the original sale date.
- Mattresses and box springs must be in “like new” condition with no stains or physical damage.
- Re-delivery charge and a 20% restocking fee will apply.
- Pillows, mattress covers, and adjustable bases are considered non-returnable items and are not subject to comfort guarantees.
- All warranties are subject to the manufacturer’s guidelines outlined in your warranty information
© 2018 Mack Mattress Outlet - All Rights Reserved